How Can My Church Help?
First – we would like to hear the stories of your outreach ministries and mission journeys and see some pictures. Please share here.
Then, AR UMVIM wants to introduce you to additional missions/outreach opportunities.
Hands & Feet Ministry
Sharing God’s love with no strings attached. Acts of service done for those in need at no cost to the recipient. May include wheelchair ramps, handrails, lawn and garden work and minor home repairs. These can be coordinated in cooperation with DHS, Home Health Agencies, Hospital Social Workers, Area Agency on Aging, etc.
This Olde Church
Partnering with small older churches in need of repairs. Coordinating with the church to provide labor and materials. Ideally the church will provide materials and volunteers from your church will furnish labor.
Painting, drywall, flooring, minor repairs are among the tasks. Plumbing and electrical must be done by licensed professionals. Your church may be led to fill gaps in funding, materials, etc if needed. Coordinated through ARUMC VIM.
Hosting Volunteer Teams
Local Community & In Conference Missions/Outreach
Local Community Outreach:
Feeding Ministries, Food Pantry, Clothes Closets, Health Fairs, Movie Nights, Mom’s Day Out, Community Celebrations, Single Family Fire, etc. AR VIM wants to hear the stories of how your church is serving in your local community.
Conference Wide Opportunities:
- Camp Aldersgate: Grounds and Building Maintenance
- Camp Tanako: Grounds and Building Maintenance
- Bear Creek: Grounds and Building Maintenance
- Mount Eagle Retreat Center: Grounds and Buildings Maintenance, Clean up, Chainsaw and Controlled Burning
- Mount Sequoyah Conference and Retreat Center: Spring cleanup and garden work, building repairs and maintenance.
- Ozark Mission Project: Home repair
- Storm cleanup: after floods, tornados or ice storms.
- Funds are always needed for work projects in our conference. Churches and individuals may contribute by sending donations to the Conference Treasurer designated as VIM funds.
U.S. and International Missions
Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Floods, and Wildfires…Volunteers in Mission Recovery Teams are always needed after devastating storms in our own conference, jurisdiction, across the nation and internationally. Numerous domestic sites are approved as Volunteer in Mission sites. Arkansas VIM teams are currently serving at several international sites such as Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico and Haiti. Below are links to project and mission opportunities in the US and internationally.