These United Methodist groups believe all people, including those with disabilities, are created in God’s image and have sacred worth:
- DisAbility Ministries Committee of The United Methodist Church
- Mental Health Ministries (ecumenical)
- United Methodist Committee on Deaf and Hard of Hearing Ministries
- United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities
- United Methodist Congress of the Deaf
It is vital to the body of Christ to celebrate the spiritual gifts of people with disabilities and incorporate them
into the life of the church.
Through advocacy, empowerment and education, we include people with disabilities and their loved ones in worship, missions, leadership and ministry.
We invite you, as individuals and local congregations, to join us.
“Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness,’ . . . “So God created humankind in His image”.
(Genesis 1:26a, 27a)