Weekday Ministries Resources
Here is a link to the Discipleship Ministries web page with articles about hiring staff, space sharing and the importance of Preschool Ministries in the revitalization of the local church.
- Arkansas DHS Child Care Licensing – includes links to current licensing guidelines, proposed licensing changes, support information and more!
- Guidelines for Weekday Preschool Ministry – from the United Methodist General Board of Discipleship (GBOD) – a PDF document
After School Care
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program – Supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools.
- Afterschool Alliance – Works to ensure that all youth have access to affordable, quality afterschool programs.
- The Center for Afterschool and Expanded Learning at Foundations, Inc. – Provides professional development, technical assistance, tools and publications to thousands of practitioners and leaders across the country. They also work with faith-based Twenty-first Century Community Learning Centers.
- Global School Net – Provides meaningful project learning exchanges worldwide to develop science, math, literacy and communication skills, foster teamwork, and develop collaboration skills.
- The iEARN Collaboration Centre – Enables children to learn with, rather than simply about, the world. 200+ project descriptions and student-produced media.