Professional Christian Educator Resources
Christians Engaged in Faith Formation
CEF is an organization of laity and clergy who…
- work or volunteer in faith formation ministries
- connect with others in similar roles or ministries in peer learning environments
- work collaboratively within the organization to collect, create and share knowledge and experience within and between communities.
The mission of CEF is to develop leaders in faith formation to equip people of all ages to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
For more information about National CEF membership, events and resources, go to: cefumc.org.
Upcoming Continuing Education Opportunities
- CEF National Conference – October 9-12, 2018 in Des Moines, Iowa
- Retreat – Mary Jane Pierce Norton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Created by God – Karen Anderson (email@example.com)
- Games – Jeremy Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- KidMin 101 – Mary Calcote (email@example.com)
- Lent Make and Take – Karen Swales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Methodist Family Health 2014 VBS Mission Packet – Maggie Beeler (email@example.com)
- Special Needs Ministry – Shannon May (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PowerLab Science Lessons – Kristin Ellis (email@example.com)
- Pre-Conference – Mark Burrows (MBurrows@myfumc.org)
- Safe Sanctuaries®
- Special Needs Ministry
- Keynote Speaker – Tanya Eustace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arkansas Conference Camping Ministries – Michelle Moore (email@example.com)
- Arkansas Conference Children’s Ministries – Karen Swales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Created by God – John Shirron (email@example.com)
- Destination: Mission – Laura Stinnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Denni Palmer (email@example.com)
- Methodist Family Health
- Mt. Sequoyah Summer Camps – Denni Palmer (Denni.Palmer@mountsequoyah.org)
- Pack Shack – Bret Raymond (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prayer Stations – (email@example.com)
- Safe Sanctuaries – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tween Ministry – Pam Snider (email@example.com)
Keynote Speaker – Melanie Gordon
- What Every Child Should Experience in UMC (link to entire document)
Arkansas’ Ministries for and with Children
- 200,000 Reasons
- Camping Ministries
- Contact: Michelle Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- More information: arumc.org/our-ministries/camping-and-retreat-ministries
- Individual Camp Websites:
- Methodist Family Health
- Safe Sanctuaries
- More information: arumc.org/our-resources/safe-sanctuaries
- Link on Discipleship Ministries website: https://www.umcdiscipleship.org/leadership-resources/safe-sanctuaries
- Wonderfully Made (formerly Created by God)
- Contact: Sadie Stratton (email@example.com)
- Link on this website: Coming Soon
- Mission: Cuba!
- Interfaith Friendship Camp of Central Arkansas
- Contact: Tammy Felder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facebook: facebook.com/friendshipcampofcentralarkansas
- More information (ITSSM): interfaith.itssm.org/friendship-camp
- More information (ARUMC): arumc.org/our-ministries/childrens-ministry/teach/
General Resources for Ministry
Another great article about plagiarism & the church can be found via SermonCentral.com. Meant for sermons (written or spoken), but the same principles and thoughts work everything related to ministry!
A huge collection of free, fun and funky fonts for every occasion. (Each font has its own TOU. Remember to respect it!)
This site includes graphics for just about every imaginable area. Cute and colorful!
This site includes maps, photos and PowerPoint backgrounds.
This site includes multimedia graphics; many of which are free.