Top 10 Very Important Details You Need to Know and Share!
- Each church should have at least 2 volunteers with their participating students. If your group is over 12 students, please keep your volunteers to a 1:6 ratio.
- Lunch will be a peanut-free sandwich, chips, and cookie with a drink. We should be able to accommodate gluten-free with our caterer. We are sorry we do not have the ability to accommodate other food allergies, so you may find it helpful to pack your child’s lunch if your child has food limits outside what has been stated.
- Once you have registered you will be sent an email confirming. In that email, you will see a printable link for the Church representative to fill out about background checks of volunteers and a printable link for parents fill out for each child.
- Parents need to print and fill out Liability for each student attending and give to your Church Representative who will be taking your child to Quest.
- Church Representative must scan into email all completed Parent forms and one Church background check form and email them by Sept. 27 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OR you can bring all copies of Parent Liability forms and one Church Child Safe background form to the registration table the day of the event, but it MUST be all filled out with proper signatures prior to coming to the event.
- After September 18, all emails registered will be sent a driving, parking, and any extra info. needed information before arriving.
- Late arrivals or early departures during the Quest event must be handled directly with your affiliated church chaperone. You must call them directly and they will receive your child at the door or escort your child to you for early pickup. Please be sure to have your church chaperone’s cell number in order to reach your student.
- ALL students must have a chaperone and can not attend the event without an assigned adult chaperone. So please make those arrangements ahead of time and not at the door the morning of the event. If you only have two kids going and can’t be there, please seek out a fellow church and ask to put your kids in their group.
- REGISTRATION deadline is September 17 to ensure t-shirt. Registration after the 17 must contact email@example.com.
In the right-hand corner of the video, you will see a light outline of an arrow that says SHARE. Click on that and a link will appear that you can copy and paste into your social media outlets.
Quest 2019 will be on September 28, 2019! Here are some downloadable resources:
There are two active learning phases in the Quest design.
Phase 1: Quest Live! – where students and their leaders from throughout the Conference gather at a central location for food, fun, fellowship, worship AND to participate with their leaders in developmentally appropriate experiential learning about the year’s focus.
Phase 2: Takin’ it Home – where students and their leaders further explore the concepts introduced at Quest Live! in their local churches or districts using the FREE six week follow-up Quest curriculum given to all churches who participate in the one day Quest Live! event.
Quest operates on a three year cycle:
Year One: Hearing God (Fall 2018)
God Loves Me
God Claims Me
God Gives Me Gifts
God Calls Me
(God Calling – a new 6 week curriculum to be sent home with each participating church)
Year Two: Loving God (Fall 2019)
How to Know God
How to Love God
How to Enjoy God
How to Respond to God (God Calls Me)
(Loving God – a new 6 week curriculum to be sent home with each participating church)
Year Three: Serving God (Fall 2020)
I am a Disciple
I am a Servant
I am a United Methodist
I am a Leader (God Calls Me)
(Serving God – a 6 week curriculum to be sent home with each participating church)