Youth Ministry While Social Distancing
Links in bold have been added since last Sunday.
ARUMC Youth Workers will gather for a Zoom call the first Thursday of every month at noon to check in with each other and share ideas about doing youth ministry while social distancing. You can join any of the Thursday conversations using this link.
Previous Zoom Calls
- Safe Sanctuaries: Supporting a Shift to Online Youth Ministry Meetings (Discipleship Ministries)
- Safe Sanctuaries Best Practices During COVID-19 (North Alabama Conference)
- Object Lessons
- Pandemic Hope Devotional
- Devotional on Fear
- A Visual Faith Devotional for All Ages
- Guide for Holy Conversation in Your Family
- Liturgy for Those Flooded by Too Much Information
- thrive (A Mental Health and Faith Resource from Grace Alliance)
- Tools for Tilling – Practicing Spiritual Discipline at Home
- Holy Week: 6 Devotionals Your Youth Can Do at Home
- 3 Sessions for Virtual Groups on Fear, Waiting and Disappointment (from Motown Mission)
- Want A Different Way To Do A Prayer Walk?
- Church Camp at Home
- Five Walks in Faith
CouRSe is a learning management system provided by the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church that is provided free to all members. As part of CouRSe, there are classes available on subjects related to COVID-19. For more information on CouRSe, please click here.
- 4 R’s of TIM (Trauma Informed Ministry)
- How to Make Effective Decisions
- Mental Health Verses
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During the Coronavirus Crisis
- JED’s Coronavirus Mental Health Resource Guide
- Helping Adolescents Work Through the Rising Tide of Anxiety
- Faith in an Anxious World: A 4-week High School Curriculum
- Zoom Fatigue
- Rest Graphic
- Breath Prayer
- Youth Mental Health FAQ***
- Grief FAQ***
- Anxiety FAQ***
- Depression FAQ***
- Digital Depression
Virtual Activities for Youth
- Scripture and Mindfulness Calendar – March***
- Why Socially Distanced Small Groups Don’t Work (and How to Fix It)
- Camp-In Schedule
- Virtual Escape Room+
- Examples of At Home Scavenger Hunts:
- Lectio Divina**
- Emoji Bible**
- Name That Voice**
- Zoom Trivia Night*
- Netflix Watch Party
- Picture Uno
- Guess Who
- Grilled Cheese Off
- Faith Formation Boredom Buster Bingo
- March Morning Madness
- Instagram Live Trivia Night Youth Group vs. Youth Group
- List of Zoom Youth Group Games
- Another List of Zoom Youth Group Games
- 10 Free Youth Ministry Lessons
- COVID-19: 100 Ideas for Ministers and Ministry Leaders
- Ways Youth Can Support Their Local Church*****
- Things WE Can Do (Chuck Knows Church Short Videos)
- Conversation Starters for Families
- A Guide to Ministering to Youth During a Time of Physical Distancing
- Safe Sanctuaries: Supporting a Shift to Online Youth Ministry Meetings
* Thanks to Virginia Brown for this resource.
** Thanks to the Western North Carolina Conference for this resource.
*** Thanks for Amy Shores, Director of Pastoral at Methodist Family Health for this resource.
**** Thanks to the North Alabama Conference for compiling this list.
***** Thanks to the Central Texas Conference for this resource.
+ Thanks to Cindy Bright for this resource.