ACCYM 2023-2024 Executive Committee
CHAIR: Meredith Pearson, Conway FUMC – Central: firstname.lastname@example.org
VICE-CHAIR: Meredith Grafton, West Memphis FUMC – SouthEast: email@example.com
SECRETARY: Emma Gayle Allison, West Memphis – SouthEast: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAPLAIN: Walker Lampley, PHUMC – Central: email@example.com
AT-LARGE EXECUTIVE – Quin Clark, PHUMC – Central: firstname.lastname@example.org
YSF CHAIR: Lane Stout, Highland Valley UMC – Central: email@example.com
MEDIA CHAIR: Emily Claire Harrison, St. James UMC – Central: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assembly 2023 Registration is open
When Is Assembly?
July 17-21, 2023, on the campus of Hendrix College in Conway
What Is Assembly?
Assembly is one of our longest, as well as the last, youth events for the year. Assembly provides a break in the summer, allows for deeper relationship building between youth, and helps strengthen and nurture them in their relationship with Christ.
Assembly is a week of discipleship featuring awesome worship, awesome people, and one awesome God. It’s joining together with others your age to learn, grow, and laugh. It’s waking up and worshiping through word and song. It’s coming to an event and leaving with a “family”. It’s an opportunity to open up, to get real, to focus. It’s a chance to shift your thoughts, your actions, and your life from things of this world to the heart of Jesus. After all, true worship takes place when all people within a community seek the presence of God and are accepting of each other. That’s the biggest part of Assembly.
What Does It Cost To Attend?
Early Bird: $245 (until May 31st).
Starting May 16th: The price will be $295 (June 1st to July 1st).
What do I need to know about attending Assembly?
All youth AND adults attending Assembly must turn in forms. Forms can be printed from the link below and once you have all of your groups forms together you can upload the group forms together through the link below.
Do not mail any forms to the conference office.
No substitutions or registrations will be accepted after July 10th.
All money must be sent to the conference office and forms for all those registered must be uploaded no later than July 10th. If you do not have money and/or forms in by this date, you will not be considered registered for the event and therefore forfeit your spot and any money paid.
*Adults, because you will be present, we will be contacting some of you about serving as a small group leader.
A detailed event schedule will be posted very soon and emailed to registered participants the week before the event begins.
There are no refunds if the event is canceled or the schedule must be altered in any way due to inclement weather or pandemic.
ALL ADULTS ATTENDING ASSEMBLY MUST BE SAFE GATHERINGS CERTIFIED
As of June 2022, the Arkansas Annual Conference passed the ARUMC Safe Gatherings Policy that strives to create a protective environment in our churches for children, youth, and vulnerable adults (defined as protected persons) and the volunteers who work with them. With this adoption of this new policy, replacing the current ARUMC Safe Sanctuary Policy, comes the opportunity to use the Safe Gatherings online training and background checks system for all churches within the ARUMC Conference.
One of the provisions of this new policy is that all adults attending district or conference events intended for children or youth MUST be Safe Gatherings Certified.
This certification includes filling out a few forms and questionnaires online (takes approximately 30-45 minutes), completing a child maltreatment check which must be notarized and uploaded to your Safe Gatherings profile and completing online training and quiz (approximately 2 hours.)
NOTE: While everything can be completed in a day or two, it’s important to note that once you complete all the necessary components it will take anywhere from 3 to 14 days to receive an email stating that you are Safe Gatherings certified.
If you have technical support questions about your Safe Gatherings account or certification process contact Safe Gatherings directly at email@example.com or 888-241-8258.
If you have questions about the ARUMC Safe Gatherings Policy please contact Michelle Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-324-8048.
To get started, click on the button below that best describes you:
July 25-28, 2023 in Daytona Beach, Florida
All event details including schedule, lodging and registration information can be found at https://www.umcyoungpeople.org/youth2023.
The Arkansas Conference has booked 2 charter buses to help provide transportation for Arkansas Conference churches to Youth 2023. Thanks to the generosity of the Methodist Foundation of Arkansas, the cost per person has been greatly reduced by a grant covering a large portion of the expense.
- Bus #1
- Depart Little Rock on Monday, July 24
- Spend the night in Pensacola, Florida (sleeping arrangements are still being coordinated but every effort is being made to make it as affordable as possible.)
- Depart Daytona Beach on Friday, July 28 (Drive straight thru to Little Rock)
- Cost per seat will be $105
- $55 deposit due January 1
- $50 final payment due April 1
- Bus #2
- Depart Little Rock on Monday, July 24
- Spend the night in Pensacola, Florida (sleeping arrangements are still being coordinated but every effort is being made to make it as affordable a possible.)
- Depart Daytona Beach on Friday, July 28 for Orlando.
- Depart Orlando on Sunday, July 30 (Drive straight thru to Little Rock)
- Cost per seat will be $185 ($85 deposit due January 1, $100 final payment due April 1)
- Neither bus will provide any local transportation in Daytona Beach or Orlando.
- Reservations will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- No seats will be held without a check being received.
- *NOTE: Reserving bus seats DOES NOT register you or your group for the event.
- *NOTE: You must register and book your lodging in Daytona and Orlando on your own.
TO RESERVE SEATS ON EITHER YOUTH 2023 BUS:
- Make checks payable to ARUMC
- Memo Line of check should read “Youth 2023”
- Indicate “Bus 1” or “Bus 2” and the Number of Seats Being Reserved
- Mail check to: ARUMC, Attn: Youth, 2023 800 Daisy Bates Drive Little Rock, AR 72202