FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Honor the Lenten Season by Contributing Necessities to Arkansas Children and Families
LITTLE ROCK, AR (Feb. 1, 2022) – With the holidays behind us and the 40 days of Lent just ahead, Methodist Family Health Foundation has a way for Arkansans to honor the Lenten season: sharing your light of peace, stability and hope with our state’s children and families who are abandoned, abused, neglected and managing psychiatric, behavioral, emotional and spiritual issues.
Churches, small groups, workplaces, organizations and individuals can share the light of belonging, self-worth and love by donating necessities to the Arkansas children and families in the care of Methodist Family Health. From Ash Wednesday on March 2, 2022, to Easter on Sunday, April 17, we ask Arkansans to gather the following necessities, purchase them online, or donate funds to purchase them and deliver them to the closest Methodist Counseling Clinic in their community.
WHO: Churches, Small Groups, Workplaces, Organizations and Individuals who have so graciously and generously donated necessities to the Arkansas children and families in the care of Methodist Family Health
WHAT: Get Up & Give, a Lenten collection project benefiting the Arkansas children and families cared for by Methodist Family Health
WHEN: Ash Wednesday through 40 days of Lent, March 2 – April 17, 2022
WHERE: The counseling clinic closest to the donor. Donations accepted from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Locations are:
- Alma: 1209 Hwy 71N, Suite B, Alma, AR 72921; phone 479-632-1022
- Batesville: 500 E. Main St., Suite 310, Batesville, AR 72501; phone 870-569-4890
- Fayetteville: 74 W. Sunbridge Dr., Fayetteville, AR 72703; phone 479-582-5565
- Heber Springs: 515 W. Main St., Heber Springs, AR 72543; phone 501-365-3022
- Hot Springs: 100 Ridgeway, Suite 5, Hot Springs, AR 71901; phone 501-318-6066
- Jonesboro: 2239 S. Caraway, Suite M, Jonesboro, AR 72401; phone 870-910-3757
- Little Rock: 1600 Aldersgate Road, Suite 100B, Little Rock, AR 72205; phone 501-906-4201
- Magnolia: 621 E. North St., Magnolia, AR 71753; phone 870-234-0739
HOW: To donate to any counseling clinic other than Little Rock, please contact the number above for delivery instructions. If delivering to Little Rock, please follow these steps:
- Call 501-906-4201 to schedule a time to drop off items, to make sure a staff member will be there to meet and assist you.
- Call or text the phone number on the sign you will see on the front door of the building.
- Drive around to the back of the building where you will see a garage door to our warehouse. This is on the right side of the Little Rock counseling clinic entrance.
- Someone will meet you at the garage door to unload your vehicle.
- If you can, please open your hatchback, trunk or truck bed cover and remain in your vehicle. Staff will unload your car for a contactless delivery.
- If you get out of your vehicle, we require you to wear a mask. If you don’t have one, we will provide one for you to wear while outside of the vehicle.
- For any questions or concerns, please call 501-906-4201 or email CMcCreight@MethodistFamily.org.
To Donate Items Virtually
- For Walmart shopping, go to Walmart.com – Registry – Registry for Good
- Under “Find a cause in your community” search for Methodist Family Health Foundation.
- Or, visit https://www.walmart.com/registry/registryforgood/40018a96-5358-4ac5-9a4d-d8324c8625e1/view
- For Amazon shopping, please visit: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/genericItemsPage/3C8JX3X6ZWYDZ
- Note: When shopping on either website, please check the “this is a gift” box and put your name and address in the gift message field. This will enable us to send you a tax receipt and thank-you letter.
To Donate Funds:
- Online at MethodistFamily.org/Donate.html
- Text GUAG to 501-881-2258
- Call 501-906-4201 to make a secure donation using a credit or debit card
- Mail a check to Methodist Family Health Foundation, P.O. Box 56050, Little Rock, Arkansas 72215
- Place an offering in the collection plate at church for Methodist Family Health Foundation. Note GUAG on your check or offering envelope
- PayPal: @MethodistFamily
- Venmo: @MethodistFamily
About Methodist Family Health
Founded in 1899 as the Arkansas Methodist Orphanage, Methodist Family Health’s mission is to provide the best possible care to those who may need our help. A statewide continuum of care, Methodist Family Health each year serves thousands of Arkansas children and their families who are abandoned, abused, neglected and struggling with psychiatric, behavioral, emotional and spiritual issues. Methodist Family Health has locations throughout the state, including the Methodist Behavioral Hospital in Maumelle, psychiatric residential treatment centers, therapeutic group homes, a day treatment program, counseling clinics, school-based counseling clinics, a grief center for children and their families, and the Arkansas Center for Addictions Research, Education and Services (Arkansas CARES).