The fall 2020 application period for scholarships from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry is now open.
GBHEM’s Loans and Scholarships offers more than 70 scholarship programs through one general application. To be elegible for a scholarship, domestic applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an active, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. Membership is determined by the date the applicant was confirmed and took membership vows with a United Methodist church. (Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.)
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree program at an accredited institution within the U.S.
- High school students may apply if they will be college students in the fall term.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to be full-time students according to their school’s standards for the program for which they are enrolled.
- A student may receive GBHEM scholarships for up to seven award years maximum. Renewal applicants will not be considered for an eighth academic year for a GBHEM scholarship.
International applicants may also apply. See the eligibility page for full requirements for scholarships. https://www.gbhem.org/loans-scholarships/scholarships/eligibility/
A list of scholarships can also be found here https://www.gbhem.org/loans-scholarships/scholarships/list-of-scholarships/
To apply, visit https://www.gbhem.org/loans-scholarships/scholarships/apply/ and click on the Apply Now button
The application period is open from Jan. 3, 2020 to March 5, 2020.