The 2019 Hendrix Youth Institute will take place June 16 – 29. The first week will take place at Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas, and the second week will include a trip to Washington, D.C.
The Hendrix Youth Institute — HYI — is a program that helps rising high school juniors and seniors discern their call for ministry, specifically in a setting that introduces them to what ordained and professional ministry means for them.
According to the Hendrix College website, “using a holistic approach, the program will incorporate the ‘head, heart, and hands’ to enable youth to understand God’s call.”
The curriculum for the HYI experience includes:
- Two morning classes relating to the Institute’s yearly theme, “Bible” and “Wesleyan Studies.”
- Afternoons engaged in service work or shadowing church professionals.
- Worship, small group Bible study, spiritual gift/discernment exercises, and time for fun and fellowship.
- An Orientation to Ministry event sponsored by the Arkansas Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
- A mission trip to Washington D.C. in which participants will work together, building relationships with those they serve and learning from one another.
Applications for the HYI program are due by Feb. 1, 2019. Applicants who are accepted into the HYI will be notified by March 1.
To fill out an application for the 2019 HYI, please click the link below.
For more information, contact J.J. Whitney at 501-450-1263 or email her at email@example.com.