Website First United Methodist Church of Morrilton
Position: half-time, Salaried
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Bill Sardin
The Youth Director is responsible for leading the Youth Ministry to pursue the First UMC Morrilton’s mission to “make disciples of Jesus Christ who know and love God, love others, serve the community, and share Christ”. We do this by helping youth connect deeply with God and other Christians, grow intentionally, serve joyfully, and lead courageously. Emphasis should be placed on continuing to develop, nurture and equip teams of volunteers to minister to youth and their families through various small groups, programs, and events. The Youth Director will work to build and sustain an environment that attracts and disciples youth.
- Deeply committed Christian resolved to live and model a godly lifestyle.
- Passion to facilitate the spiritual growth of youth.
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, energetic and personally motivated
- Capable of effective, relevant communication with youth, families, volunteers, and staff
- Solid Biblical knowledge consistent with United Methodist theology and practice
- Able to oversee, choose, prepare, and provide balanced age-appropriate materials and messages.
- Able to provide initial counseling with youth and their parents struggling with life issues. This includes understanding when the need exceeds their counseling capability and referring the family to qualified professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Invite, encourage & equip a volunteer team to effectively minister to youth.
- Responsible that youth programming is compliant to Safe Gatherings policies.
- Coordinate with the youth Ministry Team and Program Staff to provide strategic planning and visioning: setting goals & direction, evaluating existing ministries and creating new ones.
- Provide a weekly event that exposes youth in all stages of the faith to the joys of life in Christ.
- Provide opportunities for youth to experience fellowship, evangelism, discipleship, worship and mission.
- Equip youth to make disciples and engage in the transforming work of Christ in our community and world.
- Integrate Youth Ministry into the whole of FUMC Morrilton’s ministry.
- Participate in youth events from the Arkansas United Methodist Conference
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply, please contact Bill Sardin at 501-354-4077 or email@example.com.