First United Methodist Church
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Minister of Youth, Young Adults, and Discipleship is responsible for the development and implementation of vision, strategy, and tactical elements of ministry related to Youth, Young Adults and Discipleship.
The goals are to disciple youth, young adults, and adults in their relationship with Christ and empower them with knowledge and experience to grow in their faith and love of God.
Responsible for ministries from middle school age students through senior high age students, young adults (18-35) and serve as a liaison to the Senior Pastor.
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry based on the following:
- Disciple youth and young adults into a relationship with God in large group and smaller relational environment.
- Grow the youth and young adults ministry by creating compelling environments to which youth can invite their friends.
- Build a team of passionate adult counselors to help teach, mentor, inspire and disciple youth.
- Provide youth and young adults with opportunities for spiritual growth and nurture youth and young adults in the Christian faith.
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of a balanced youth and young adult ministry.
- Coordinate all curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and young adults (18-35).
- Keep records of youth attendance and participation. Manage youth ministry budget.
- Communicate with youth and parents in a timely manner using all available resources possible.
- Attend all staff meetings as well as Mission Committee meetings.
- Follow Safe Gathering Policy.
- Develop and implement a Ministry Action Plan to be shared with Senior Pastor, Adult Counselors, and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have an ability to work effectively with youth, young adults, parents, individuals and volunteers.
- Must attend Worship services and special events.
- Must be a Christian role model.
- Must possess the ability to plan, develop and implement, and evaluate programs and ministries.
- Assist Senior Pastor in ministry as assigned.
- Assist in worship services.
- Direct, evaluate and continue to improve resource needs for growth of Adult Discipleship and Education in small group ministries.
- Invite, train and provide ongoing support and leadership for seeing in and through ministry of FUMC both locally, regionally, and abroad.
- The ability to manage a dynamic and fluid work environment featuring multiple projects.
- An excitement and commitment to the mission, vision, and doctrine of First United Methodist Church of Texarkana, Arkansas.
- A Christ-centered, biblically rooted, warm-hearted faith in Christ that is expressed in a loving, joyful, healthy relationship with others and confidence in sharing his/her personal experience of Christ.
- A commitment to draw uncommitted persons into a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A visionary person to develop new ministries for youth, young adults, and adults.
- A team player who works with all staff members and has proven effectiveness in working with volunteers.
- Personal commitment to the spiritual heritage, doctrine, and social principles of the United Methodist Church.
- Evidence of Christian character with spiritual disciplines and participation in the life of the church.
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take one’s self too seriously.
- High energy level for demand of growing ministries.
- Degree in a field related to Christian Education
- Well balanced leadership and delegation skills
- Ability to lead teams and groups
- Organizational skills
- Experience in the use of general technology (Worship, AV, Website, etc.)
Applicants are encouraged to send resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org