Website Lakewood United Methodist Church
Lakewood United Methodist Church seeks a full-time Facilities Coordinator. Lakewood UMC is a vibrant church located in North Little Rock, AR, with multiple worship services and numerous opportunities for discipleship. The ideal candidate works well with the church staff and congregation as a team player to lead the maintenance and overall stewardship of the church facilities, has a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and is self-motivated.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Board of Trustees to create and implement a comprehensive facilities maintenance and operations plan
- Coordinate vendor service calls, repair technicians, contractors, etc., to ensure proper, complete, and safe maintenance, inspection, repair, and replacement of parts, systems, etc.
- Obtain quotes, proposals, and bids as needed.
- Monitor and maintain the use, storage, and inventories of spare parts, maintenance, kitchen, and janitorial supplies and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Assist in monitoring and compliance with appropriate budget areas.
- Ensure compliance with all city, county, state, and federal guidelines and regulations relating to maintenance, inspection, and licensing.
- Maintain proper vehicle maintenance and upkeep
- Report and respond to emergency calls for security, maintenance, and custodial assistance.
- Perform various preventative and minor maintenance duties, including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, lighting, sprinkler systems, alarm systems, kitchen equipment, and vehicles.
- Organize, schedule, and implement the set-up and takedown of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of church and community events and activities, including but not limited to staging worship areas prior to services, draping tables, and preparing coffee and refreshment setup and takedown.
- Responsible for locking and securing rooms and buildings from entry.
- Manage the facility keys and fobs by maintaining a system of keys and fobs assigned.
- Cross trains with and serves as back-up to the facility custodians. Vacuum Wesley Hall.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the ability to follow instructions and communicate.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Should be comfortable working independently and completing tasks with little or no supervision, exercising discretion for crucial tasks and decisions.
- May be exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, and extremely dusty environments.
- Possess basic knowledge of minor repairs, service agreements, inventory maintenance, working with vendors.
- Ability to work around chemicals and other cleaning/maintenance products, producing no allergic reactions.
- Possess physical ability to climb stairs, set up tables, stack & unstack chairs, etc.
- Able to remain on feet for extended periods.
- Possess the ability to climb step stools and ladders up to 15 feet.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office suite, Internet browsers, and e-mail applications
- Must be skilled with various office equipment, including telephone systems, copiers, and printers.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face e-mail, and telephone communicator.
- Three years of experience preferred
The facilities coordinator will work a minimum of 40 hours per week. This is an exempt salaried position and requires work on Sundays and the occasional Saturday in addition to evenings as needed. Additionally, this position is on-call for building emergencies.
Competitive compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Rev. Todd Vick, 1922 Topf Road, North Little Rock, AR 72116 or email@example.com. All employees at Lakewood must pass a background check and follow the policies and guidelines set by the church. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability. For a complete job description, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.