Website First United Methodist Church of Morrilton
Position: half-time, Salaried
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Bill Sardin
The Director of Children’s Ministry should be a disciple of Christ, committed to teach children of God’s love and grace through scripture. The Director is responsible for leading the Children’s Ministry to pursue the First UMC Morrilton’s mission to “make disciples of Jesus Christ who know and love God, love others, serve the community, and share Christ”. The director should possess strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills. The director will be developing lessons and activities for children from birth to 6th grade and is responsible for the recruitment and development of nursery caregivers and Sunday school teachers. This position requires a person who is willing to be committed to creative ways of children’s ministry and caring for the children, volunteers, and the families.
- Deeply committed Christian resolved to live and model a godly lifestyle.
- Passion to facilitate the spiritual growth of children.
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, energetic and personally motivated
- Capable of effective communication with families, volunteers, and staff
- Solid Biblical knowledge consistent with United Methodist theology and practice
- Able to oversee, choose, prepare, and provide balanced age-appropriate materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fostering safe, inviting, and engaging ministry environments for children year-round on Sunday mornings and other times when programming and/or ministry occurs.
- Recruiting, training, equipping, nurturing, and expressing appreciation for those who teach and/or lead others in discipleship formation.
- Prepare weekly lesson plan, craft and activities for children and train volunteers to assist on Sundays.
- Responsible that children programming is compliant to Safe Gatherings policies.
- Evaluating and selecting curriculum that promotes key values such as biblical literacy, community, mission, evangelism, outreach, service and love/care of God and neighbor.
- Overseeing the coordination of Children’s Sunday School and other yearly events (Easter Event, Vacation Bible School (VBS), Halloween Event, etc.).
- Communicating and promoting children’s ministry offerings to the congregation and larger community through a variety of mediums including social media.
- Participate in children’s events from the Arkansas United Methodist Conference
For more information or to apply, please contact Bill Sardin at 501-354-4077 or email@example.com.