Website Lakewood United Methodist Church
AfterCare Express, the afterschool program of Lakewood United Methodist Church, expands the light Jesus Christ to school age students and families in our community by providing a safe, nurturing and affordable childcare alternative for busy and working families. ACE is committed to providing fun, welcoming environment, emotionally supportive place where students can grow emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually. We believe that when children learn to make respectful, responsible, safe and caring choices and learn from their mistakes it will help them for a lifetime.
Job Summary: As the Director of Aftercare Express, you will have the opportunity to lead our staff intentionally and daily achieve goals and objectives for AfterCare Express. Position includes providing organization, leadership and innovative programming for students and their families in accordance with policies, procedures, set by minimum licensing, in addition to, guidelines and regulations set by Weekday Ministry Board. As Director of ACE, this position is responsible for ensuring the highest quality afterschool programming for students ranging from kindergarten through middle school. Our program hours during the school year are: 2:30-6:00 and summer (33 days) 7am-6pm.
Responsibilities, Gifts and Passions:
- Genuine interest in people and love to support and help children. Experience working with children and families is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of State licensing procedures and requirements
- Superior organizational skills
- Sound employee management skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor and strong Christian character.
- Strong Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Management Skills: Able to hire, retain and lead a staff of 15-20
Qualifications and Requirements
- The Director’s qualifications must meet or exceed state licensing requirements for age (21), education, and experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (Preferred)
- Previous managerial or classroom experience in a licensed childcare center or school. (preferred)
- A minimum of three years related work experience is required
- A self-starter who can take ownership of the program with the ability to successfully manage the demanding daily affairs of up to 120 kids and 15-20 staff members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel). An understanding or willingness to learn Procare Child Care Management Software. Willingness to use GroupMe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as curriculum guidelines, applicable State/Federal Regulations and procedures manuals. Ability to write class schedules and curriculum and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of children, parents, committees or employees of the church/center.
- Dependable and stable
- 9 Holidays and paid time off
- Child Care discounts
- GREAT Insurance and Dental Plan
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Great work environment; We love our staff!
- Off: Thanksgiving week, 2 weeks at Christmas, Spring Break, and flexible summer hours.
We are looking to fill this position by May 1st with the right fit. There will be on the job training with the current director. For more information about this opportunity with AfterCare Express or for a detailed job description (ACE) go to http://www.expandingthelight.org/acejob or send your resume to Cindy Henry at Chenry@lakewood-umc.org.
Job Type: Full-time (32 hrs/week)
Salary: Approximate Range $30,000-$39,000 (depending on experience)