Website Saint Paul United Methodist Church
The Little Saints Child Development Center Director is responsible for overseeing the administrative and day-to-day operations of the center, which includes setting the tone for the facility, managing the curriculum, hiring staff, managing budget, communicating with parents, and maintaining a positive overall image of the center. The Director should have a history of working with children in a school or childcare environment. The Director must be willing to operate Little Saints as a ministry of Saint Paul United Methodist Church. Preferably, the Director will be a member of Saint Paul UMC or a United Methodist; if not, the Director should be compatible with, and knowledgeable of, United Methodist doctrine and principles, or be willing to receive training at Saint Paul UMC in United Methodist doctrine and principles.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain minimum licensing requirements as set by DHS. Follow United Methodist Child Care recommendations set by the conference and stay in contact and report to the United Methodist Church Child Care Liaison.
- Ensure a safe and educational environment for children, which includes developing age appropriate curriculum including Bible lessons and developing and practicing emergency plans with staff and students.
- Manage center staff, including developing job descriptions, interviewing candidates, maintaining staff development and education, conducting and documenting periodic performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans and, if necessary, managing disciplinary processes.
- Keep all child and staff files up-to-date, and current with licensing standards, which includes: Emergency contact information, Shot Records, Continuing Education requirements, TB tests, etc.
- Serve as the ‘face’ of Little Saints, managing communication with parents and the community and meet with parents of prospective students to determine whether the school is a good fit for the family.
- Maintain an updated waiting list, and keep center at maximum capacity if possible.
- Develop policies for the school, and communicate the policies to parents and staff which include maintaining a parent handbook and a staff handbook.
- Responsible for the financial management of the center, including development of a budget, ensuring all childcare financial accounts are current and taking appropriate actions needed to collect on past due accounts. Work with Saint Paul UMC Treasurer to ensure that all paperwork regarding payroll, timecards, deposits and month end reports are processed in a correct and timely manner.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid Certification and complete 20+ hours of Continuing Education annually in the field of Child Development or health and safety.
- Report to the Little Saints Daycare Board on a monthly basis on the financial health of the center, DHS reports, current enrollment, staffing, curriculum, and planned activities. Collaborate with the Board for additional duties and initiatives as directed by the Board, such as fundraising events.
- Attend Saint Paul United Methodist Church staff meetings.
- Provide resources and information to families needing help in the following areas: Looking for a church home, looking to learn more about Christ, dealing with the loss of a loved one, and dealing with divorce, etc.
- Ability to utilize basic computer skills, including use of Word and Excel and quickly learning proprietary software.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (At least one of the following):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development from a regionally accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s Degree in a non-related field from a regionally accredited college or university plus one of the following: Four years of experience in early childhood education or Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or Birth – Pre K Credential
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field, plus six (6) years of experience in Early Childhood Education
- Eight years of experience in Early Childhood Education and completion of one of the following, within two years of employment: Child Development Associate Credential or Birth – Pre K Credential or Director’s Credential or the equivalent or Technical Certificate in Early Childhood Education
If you would like to apply or have any questions, please contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-268-5159.