Website Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church
Pulaski Heights United Methodist Church is looking for two summer interns for our youth ministry. We are looking for dynamic, college-aged young people who have a heart for working with teenagers in a mission field. We value self-awareness, an ability to articulate your faith, and the ability to be flexible and compassionate in all situations. Our summer internship is built for young people of all journeys, not just those who consider themselves on a “pre-ministry” trajectory. Apply at phumc.com/youth-intern or contact Ellen Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The internship experience will take place over approximately 10 weeks, starting Monday, June 5 through Thursday, July 27st. Interns will be expected to work between 20 and 25 hours a week (part-time) Sunday-Thursday, with the exception of the OMP mission week (June 25-30) and YOUTH 2023 in July which are full time 40+ hour a week commitments.
Perks and Pay:
- One on one mentoring from a staff of young, dedicated professionals in many different ministry specializations
- Skills beyond youth ministry, including worship leadership, curriculum and presentation creation, event planning, AV and audio, time management mentorship, and life-balance mentorship, social media management, communications, PR, and so much more!
- 7 days of paid vacation which can be taken any time in the 10 weeks (excluding the OMP and YOUTH 2023) and must be approved at the beginning of the internship by Ellen.
- $250 a week for the ten weeks of the internship experience.
- Flexible scheduling during week days Monday-Thursday.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Worshipping weekly at PHUMC on Sunday mornings.
- Attending weekly youth-staff meetings, and occasional all-staff meetings.
- Attending one of the OMP mission trips as an adult camper/driver
- Helping to plan and execute our local mission trip (which includes supervising youth volunteers at, and participating in Vacation Bible School)
- Building positive relationships with Jr. High and Sr. High youth at weekly youth events throughout the summer
- Being a positive and friendly presence at weekly youth events including Summer Bible studies, Meet Up Thursdays (lunch with youth at a local restaurant), and others as needed.
- Participating as a reader or liturgist in PHUMC Sunday worship
Interested applicants should send a one-page resume and cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What do you consider your calling or vocation, and how would your service with phyouth this summer fit into that calling?
- What do you bring to our program that a regular volunteer adult cannot?
- What makes you excited about this internship?