Website Alma United Methodist Church
Reports to Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor.
The Alma UMC is interested in filling the position of Part-Time Choir Director. The person chosen will be expected to spend 10-12 hours/week in choosing music for Sunday worship service(s), lead choir practice (and possibly handbell) on Wednesday evenings and performance on Sunday mornings, work with slides and media content for Sunday worship service, work with others in development and execution of music programs on special services (Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, etc.), and participate in worship and the life of the church.
- Have a deep-rooted faith in God.
- Energetic, passionate, emotionally mature, organized, responsible, dependable, and kind.
- A team player.
- Ability to utilize social media and messaging systems to communicate with the church at large, choir members, and community.
- Administrative organization and computer skills, familiar with office programs and systems.
- Formal music program experience with ability to read music and play piano.
- Ability to motivate and nurture volunteer choir members.
The starting pay range for this position will be $600 to $720 per month, depending on experience and qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest and resumé to Pastor Dale L. Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org for review and consideration.