First United Methodist Church of Charleston
Mission: To carry out the mission of Charleston First United Methodist church as the Pianist/Accompanist at the 11:00 Sunday morning Traditional Service. To make disciples for Jesus Christ. They will utilize their musical skills to lead the congregation in worship experiences that are meaningful and transformational.
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
- Provide liturgically appropriate music, on the piano/organ for the Sunday morning worship service. Most services would need a Prelude, Offertory, and Postlude, in addition to the hymns.
- Provide appropriate music on the piano/organ for any special services throughout the year. Examples of these to include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Christmas Eve.
- Pick out and purchase new music as they see fit, working with the pastor to utilize in worship.
- Serve as the Children’s and Adult Choir director, accompanying them for worship.
- Accompany vocal and/or instrumental soloists, duets, trios, etc. as participating in services.
- They will advise the Pastor in advance when planning to take vacations or time off and will secure a competent substitute organist/pianist/accompanist to play for services while away.
- Willing to play for funerals/weddings if available. Recommend a competent substitute organist/pianist/accompanist when not available to play for funerals or weddings.
- Lead and direct weekly rehearsals for children and adult choirs as needed to prepare music for worship service.
- Assist the Pastor in worship planning as needed.
Organ & Piano
- Make recommendations on any needed maintenance to church music instruments to the Pastor.
- Proficiency and ability to accompany a variety of music genres on either the piano or organ.
- A team player.
- Based on training and experience
- Based on 5-10 hours a week
To apply for this position, please send a resume, references, and contact information to:
First United Methodist Church
Rev. Claire Caldwell
P.O. Box 35 Charleston, AR 72933