Website United Methodism Museum of the Arkansas Conference
The primary purpose of this internship is to assist in the collecting of oral recorded interviews of significant persons throughout the Arkansas Methodist Conference. A modest stipend/honorarium will be awarded.
The intern will work under the supervision of the Museum Director and Curator and the Oral History Project Coordinator and will assist with research of UMMAC’s collection of individuals who have recorded oral histories. The intern will be provided the opportunity to develop practical skills in a museum environment and interact with museum collections and other historians on all aspects of their work including research, writing, and administration.
The intern will assist with organizing and preparing the UMMAC oral history collection for public access, research, with transcriptions, and will conduct research as assigned on various topics. There will be opportunities to assist in recording and preparing video/digital interviews. The intern will also be actively engaged in indexing the oral history recordings, drafting accurate summaries, assisting with record keeping and cataloging, and conducting research involving interviewees.
- Interest in the history of religions
- Interest in documenting Methodism’s history in Arkansas
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with relevant computer skills, equipment, and programs.
- Possess a willingness to learn new programs.
- Possess the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- The candidate must be able to verbally communicate clearly
- Enjoy working with others.
- Be reliable.
- Have good organizational/time management skills.
How to Apply
- Email letter of introduction including contact information for two professional references with current knowledge of your skills and interests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line should be the position name “Oral History Project Internship Interest”
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.