Website First United Methodist Church of Searcy
First United Methodist Church of Searcy, AR is seeking a full-time Music Minister for our traditional worship service, chancel choir, children’s music, and handbell choir. This person will work closely with the Worship Leader to ensure all music styles are incorporated equally throughout the life of our church (special events, holiday services, etc.). Compensation will be based on skills, abilities, education, and experience.
Reports to: Staff Parish and Senior Pastor
Job Summary: The mission of Searcy FUMC is to Glorify God, Grow in full devotion to Jesus Christ, and Connect the Unconnected. We want a Music Minster who will help fulfill the mission of Searcy FUMC through our music ministry and worship.
Specific Ministry Area Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate all music programs of the church for all age groups, including cantatas, adult and kids’ hand bells, children’s musicals, etc.
- Recruit laity in all areas of the music ministry, maximizing musical gifts within the congregation.
- Work together with our Pastor and Worship Leaders to coordinate our worship services.
- Organize and lead weekly rehearsals (Choir, hand bells).
- Special services: Christmas Eve, Ash Weds., Good Friday, funerals, weddings, etc.
- Supervise accompanist, and in coordination with our Worship Leader, the Audio/Visual staff members.
- Lead pre-school chapel music (<1 hr/wk).
- Work closely with pastors and staff to plan services and develop various age-level ministries.
- Be a people person – with an engaging personality.
- Be a team player. Invest in the overall mission of the church.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and both worship services.
- Serve as staff liaison to lay worship committee.
- Submit and oversee worship budget.
- Needs to be a Spirit-Led/ Heart of Worship Leader
- Outstanding presentation skills & communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Understands music theory
- Experience managing & mentoring volunteers in a church environment
- Experience leading worship in a church setting
- Experience with and ability to utilize sound equipment, lighting, live streaming and computers.
- *bonus-experience fluent in multiple instruments
- *bonus- an understanding of tracks and how to best utilize them.
Please direct cover letters and resumes with 3 references or all questions to Bro. Jeff Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.