Website United Methodist Museum of the Arkansas Conference
This job is designed as a paid temporary part time position. The candidate should maintain a professional and positive deposition and will work under the supervision of the Director and Curator Shakeelah Rahmaan. The candidate will help catalogue our growing collection. This position will provide the opportunity to develop practical skills in a museum environment and interact with museum collections and will collaborate on research, writing, and administration of the collection.
The candidate will assist with maintaining and updating accurate records pertaining to the collection using a computerized collections management system (PastPerfect). Candidate will assist in researching and verifying information, perform general collections duties to include assistance with collection acquisitions. Participation in day-to-day operational in a must, and candidate will perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Preferably enrolled in a college or have background in History or a related field.
- Excellent written or oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing form.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in the appropriate handling, crating, and storage of museum-quality artwork and/or artifacts.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Skill in manipulating databases.
- Knowledge of basic museum processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions.
- Informational research skills.
How to Apply
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line should be the position name “Gallery Assistant”
- Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.