Website Farmington United Methodist Church
Mission Statement: We are called to be disciples making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Responsibility to: Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor
Essential Functions of the Job:
- This leader will teach, nurture, and develop the spiritual lives of youth and children.
- This leader will be responsible for developing and equipping a team of volunteers to work with youth and children.
- This leader will help equip and provide resources for parents and guardians to nurture the faith of their youth and children at home.
- Be able to effectively teach and disciple youth and children
- Coordinate all youth and children’s activities to meet Farmington UMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policy
- Communicate with the congregation about upcoming events, expectations and needs as well as promote engagement opportunities in the church and community
- Work in conjunction with the pastor to provide pastoral care for children, youth, and their families
- Plan and coordinate all fundraising efforts for the ministry area.
- Other duties as assigned by Pastor
Examples of Job Responsibilities and Hourly Breakdown
Youth Ministry-Approximately 70 percent of time (14 hours per week)
- Coordinate, teach and plan Youth activities, small groups, and/or Bible studies
- Build team of volunteers for youth ministry through training encouragement and organization
- Encourage participation of youth in worship opportunities, church life, district and conference special events
- Coordinate and lead regular opportunities for the youth to be involved in service and mission opportunities
- Assist the pastor when needed with Confirmation classes and activities
- Be accessible involved and visible at youth activities and other church events
Children’s Ministry-Approximately 30 percent of time (6 hours per week)
- Build team of volunteers for children’s ministry through training, encouragement, and organization
- Schedule teachers for Wednesday Night Live, Sunday School and Children’s Church.
- Plan and coordinate Vacation Bible School and other special children’s events
- Attend continuing education events to strengthen their skills and knowledge base
- Network with other Christian educators and local children and youth ministries
- Build healthy relationships with children, youth, and their families
- To follow Safe Sanctuary Policy and to plan for adequate supervision for all youth and children’s activities (It is not the sole responsibility for the Director to transport and/or chaperone youth and children)
- Preferred: a bachelor’s degree in education, Bible/theology, youth ministry, or related field
- Must be of high Christian character
- Must have passion for discipling children, youth, and their families
- Must be well acquainted with age level characteristics and needs of children, youth, and families
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong people skills in collaborating with volunteers and staff
The Director of Youth and Children’s ministry is a part-time position. The anticipated weekly time commitment is 20 to 25 hours including, but not limited to, Sunday mornings and some evenings, Wednesday evenings, and an occasional weekend or weeklong trip.
To Apply for Position Please Contact:
Pastor Dee Harper
PO Box 42
Farmington AR 72730