Website First United Methodist Church of Paragould
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Student Ministries leads students (grades 5-12th) to Love God, Serve People, and Make a Difference.
- Works alongside supervisor, staff, and laity to implement ministry programming consistent with church-wide goals and efforts.
- Recruits and equips laity (including but not limited to parents) for ministry with students.
- Equips and empowers student leadership at appropriate levels.
- Executes a comprehensive student ministry program including: Sunday School, Sunday morning worship, Sunday evenings, Wednesday evenings, retreats, and other events/programs.
- Discipleship programming should emphasize
- Training and opportunities for growth in spiritual disciplines (prayer, scripture study, regular worship, etc.).
- Regular participation in missions/service (projects, trips, service activities, etc.).
- Community building and care for one another.
- Encouragement and provision of opportunities for regular participation in district, conference, and other United Methodist connectional activities.
- Develops and maintains student ministry calendar by planning weekly emphases and major events well in advance. Coordinates calendar with church-wide calendar and students needs or conflicts.
- Actively engages staff and pastors in prompt, professional communication including attending to email, phone calls, meetings, etc.
- Should be prompt and well-prepared for all church-related, required meetings and gatherings.
- Prepares detailed, annual student ministry budget in consultation with supervisor and Business Administrator.
- Attends closely to budget and spending as it relates to the year-long programming needs. Promptly completes financial paperwork.
- Maintains all students related spaces (Youth Room, classrooms, storage, etc.) so that they are clean, well-organized, and create a hospitable environment for ministry.
- Oversees technical equipment so that everything is regularly in good, working order. Seeks training and/or professional assistance when necessary.
- Develops positive, appropriate relationships with students.
- Maintains professional relationships with parents/guardians that foster mutual trust and respect.
- Schedules regular, appropriate visits with students outside of church including supporting them at school functions (sports, music, drama, etc.).
- Actively maintains multiple forms of communication regarding students programs (phone, email, social-media, group and individual text messaging, church newsletter/email and bulletin, etc.).
- Actively promotes FUMC and student ministry program in relationships, through various media, and in the community.
- Regularly seeks out and invites new/additional students/families to be involved.
- Develops relationships with local high schools and junior high schools working to build relationships with students when possible.
- Demonstrates the highest level of spiritual maturity, faith, and professionalism at all times.
- Regularly attends all worship services at FUMC. Participate as needed/requested.
- Actively monitors and implements compliance with FUMC Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Abides by the FUMC Personnel Policy.
- Attends annual evaluation meetings with supervisor or more often as deemed necessary.
- Regularly participates in continuing education specific to student ministry in consultation with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree preferred
- Experience in student ministry
- Understands and is committed to Wesleyan theology and the United Methodist Church
Send a cover letter and resume (including references) to Senior Pastor Dane Womack via email (email@example.com).