Website First United Methodist Church of Hot Springs
The Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee of First United Methodist Church announces the establishment of a new staff position, Director of Discipleship and Caring Ministries. This full-time staff position will help the church provide comprehensive adult discipleship opportunities and coordinate the overall ministry of care for the community of faith.
Applicants who have strong organizational skills, proficient in basic computer skills, who thrive working alongside other committed Christians in a staff setting, are compassionate, and want to serve God, are encouraged to contact Rev. J. J. Galloway, Senior Pastor email@example.com for more information.
- Sunday School: Resourcing materials and teachers; starting and promoting new and existing classes.
- Small Groups: Coordinating and resourcing Bible studies and spiritual formation groups (short-term, on-going, and live streaming/Zoom groups). Teaching responsibilities as needed.
- Confirmation: Developing curriculum and coordinating yearly class: helping to assign mentors for the confirmands, planning of the retreat, coordinating the Wednesday evening/Sunday morning classes, helping to plan Confirmation Sunday.
- Family Life: Staff liaison for Family Life Committee; promoting and implementing church-wide fellowship events.
- Discipleship Task Force: Staff liaison for planning, promoting, and implementing ministry.
- Emmaus: Resource as needed.
- Men/Women’s Groups: Resource as needed.
- Getting Ahead Ministry: On-site ministry coordinator: organizing, promoting, fundraising, and coordinating with CCMC and Children’s Minister. Classes held two times a year (fall and spring).
- Tracking worship guests and coordinating follow-up with pastors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate hospital visits and the compiling and distribution of hospital bags and prayer shawls as needed. Also, coordinate the distribution of holding crosses to those receiving cancer treatment.
- Coordinate visits of rehab centers.
- Coordinate regular communication with those in hospice, including family members.
- Coordinate ministry to persons in nursing homes or who are confined to their homes.
- Oversee Stephen Ministry and work with lay leadership in recruiting and training new Stephen ministers, working as a liaison between Stephen Ministry and the pastors to help assign care receivers as needed, attending regular meetings each month.
- Resource and communicate with Knitwits ministry.
- Resource and communicate with the Intercessory Prayer Ministry.
- Assist the pastors in coordinating The Longest Night service each year, recruiting volunteers to provide refreshments and Stephen Ministers to assist.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.