Website Central United Methodist Church
The Director of Children’s Ministries will establish and oversee an effective children’s ministry program at Central United Methodist Church and provide an outreach to the children and families of the church and the community. This position is a full-time employee. For Wage-Hour purposes, the Director of Children’s Ministries is an exempt administrative employee.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will support the children’s program of Central United Methodist Church.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will work to provide an environment where the children of Central and the children of the community can get Connected to Christ through the ministries offered to them.
- Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children with the Church and in the greater community that the church serves
- Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, and other children’s ministry techniques and implement as appropriate
- Work with Children’s Ministry Advisory Council to determine short-term and long-term goals for children’s Christian Education
- Communicate events, programming, and goals of children’s ministry with the congregation and community
- Partner with families to raise Christ-centered children with a Biblical worldview
- Administer children’s programs and ministries such as Sunday school, nursery, children’s church, midweek programming, children’s sermons, Vacation Bible school, Advent workshop, Easter activities, and other outreach events
- Evaluate, purchase and/or write preschool and elementary Sunday school, children’s church, and midweek curriculum
- Design and implement Central’s ministries for children with special needs
- Recruit, support, train, and oversee willing and enthusiastic children’s ministry volunteers
- Develop and maintain Safe Sanctuary guidelines, including criminal background checks for staff and volunteers
- Train potential volunteers to ensure the safety and security of children and volunteers participating in Christian Education
- Work with worship team to plan and execute family-friendly worship experiences
- Attend staff meetings as liaison for all children’s ministry programming
- Oversee, schedule, and work with nursery team in regard to staffing needs, policies, and communicating with parents
- Communicate with staff to coordinate childcare needs for special events
- Prepare and administrate the annual children’s ministry budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Christian committed to children’s ministry and Christian education
- Desire to see children grow as worshippers and disciples of Christ
- Ability to organize thoughts and tasks
- Ability to communicate to children, peers, staff, parents and volunteers
- Have a creative, enthusiastic, flexible, dedicated and highly motivated personality
- Experience working with children in a ministry setting preferred but not mandatory
- A college degree is preferred but not mandatory
- Musical skills are helpful but not mandatory
In addition to the above, the Director of Children’s Ministries will assist as requested as a part of the staff team of CUMC.
The Director of Children’s Ministries is supervised by the Associate Pastor. The Director of Children’s Ministries supervises the Nursery Team.
All inquiries and questions can be directed to Tami Stewart at email@example.com or 479-636-1630 x615.