Website First United Methodist Church of Morrilton
The Little Lambs Learning Center is a mission of the First United Methodist Church of Morrilton, AR. Its purpose is to provide a happy and safe environment and provide physical, social, mental, emotional and spiritual care for children within a loving atmosphere. The Director is a full-time position who manages the operation and activities of the Little Lambs Learning Center in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Learning Center Council, First United Methodist Church, and the applicable laws of the State of Arkansas.
The Director shall be an active member of a Christian church and meet the minimum licensing requirements for directors of child care centers as set forth by the Arkansas Department of Human Services. The Director shall be an energetic, creative, and caring individual with leadership skills and experience. The Director shall have excellent communication skills and a willingness to interact with children, parents, teachers, the staff and pastor of First United Methodist Church. The Director shall seek to grow personally and professionally through continuing education.
The Director is employed by the Staff Parish Relations Committee of the First United Methodist Church and reports to the Learning Center Council regarding the activities of the Center for day-to-day operations and special events.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Craft a relevant vision for the Center, within the context of the mission set by Church leadership, and the needs of the community.
- Oversee and guide the day-to-day operations of the Center.
- Ensure that the Center exceeds the minimum licensing requirements for child care centers as specified by the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
- Maintain all personnel records of staff, enrollment records, and records of shots, permission slips, etc. for all children enrolled at the Center.
- Cultivate and ensure a Christian, caring, and safe environment for the children of the school.
- Develop and manage budgets, in consultation with the Learning Center Council, to ensure the most effective use of financial resources.
- Review applications for staff positions and interview top candidates for hire. Salaries are based on the pay scale established by the Learning Center Council and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Supervise and lead the staff of the Center, including ongoing observations, evaluations, and assisting staff in maintaining continuing education hours.
- Maintain up to date bookkeeping for the vouchers and USDA food programs.
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians, teachers of Center, Pastor of FUMC, and daycare Council. Attend monthly board meetings and provide written reports.
Requirements and Skills:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Must pass a criminal and child maltreatment background check
- Proficient with personal computer and software, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- A willingness to learn and adhere to the policies and procedures of the United Methodist Church
- An obvious love of children and the necessary persona to build relationships with children
- Must provide documentation of one of the following educational levels:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Bachelor’s Degree in a non-related field from a regionally accredited college or university plus one (1) of the following:
- Four (4) years of experience in early childhood education
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or
- Birth-Pre-K Credential
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, or a related field, plus six (6) years of experience in Early Childhood Education or
- Eight years (8) of experience in Early Childhood Education and completion of one (1) of the following within two (2) years of employment:
- Child Development Associate Credential
- Birth – PreK Credential
- Director’s Credential or the equivalent; or
- Technical Certificate in Early Childhood Education
Resumes accepted until May 14
Job Type: Full-time, salary
Pay: $37,000.00 per year
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 14, 2021.