Website Schweitzer United Methodist Church
The Communications Director Will:
- Maintain consistent brand standards for Schweitzer across all communication and marketing platforms.
- Lead communication staff to develop graphics, videos, print, and other creative marketing content with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
- Work with executive staff to implement and communicate the vision, mission, and strategy of Schweitzer.
- Oversee the work flow and work assignments of the communications team to ensure effective collaboration and consistent quality work.
- Communicate Schweitzer’s message to the outside community by developing creative strategies for local media and advertising.
- Manage yearly, monthly, and weekly communication creative strategies.
- Oversee social media messaging and strategy.
- Work with the worship team for sermon graphics, promotions, videos, and announcements to fit within the strategy and vision of the church.
- Coordinate with ministry leaders to ensure each ministry is consistently, appropriately, and creatively communicating its message and vision.
- Write, edit, and clarify copy to ensure consistent voice.
- Manage special projects and all other duties as assigned.
What you Bring:
Education & Experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or a related field preferred, or work experience commensurate to that, and three years of work experience in a related field.
- Be fluent in marketing best practices, including content marketing, digital marketing and SEO, marketing campaign monitoring and management, public relations, community engagement, feedback gathering, and social media management.
- Be able to direct and critique graphic and video design styles.
- Demonstrate excellence, strong time management skills, and continuous improvement.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Possess proofreading and editing skills.
- Have a general knowledge of office equipment and Google Suite.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Is a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, committed to a Christ-centered lifestyle of continual spiritual growth.
- Aligns tasks and responsibilities in helping Schweitzer achieve its mission of transforming lives by making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Shows and earns respect as a leader; is able to work harmoniously with subordinates, peers, and congregants.
- Demonstrates high energy and productivity.
- Possesses effective communication skills: oral, written, electronic, and listening.
- Is a strategic thinker and uses time wisely.
- Is able to identify, recruit, equip, and lead paid and unpaid staff to excel.
- Keeps and maintains confidentiality.
- Leads boldly to make the right things happen.
- Seeks continual improvement in ministry.
- Is Safe Sanctuary certified.
- Is or will become a member at Schweitzer and fulfills the membership covenant of prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
For more information, please click here.