Augusta United Methodist Church
Purpose of the position:
The Church Office Manager has the responsibility for the records, office availability, financial income and payouts, food pantry oversight, and communications of the Augusta United Methodist Church.
Reports to: The Pastor
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated. Must have regular timely attendance during stated or negotiated hours.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Ability to use basic computer programs and office machinery.
- Prior office management experience preferred and references needed.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of the calendar and doctrine of the United Methodist Church.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule tasks for maximum efficiency.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties: Weekly
- Have Church office open Monday thru Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm (or hours negotiated with pastor); answer doors and phones
- Oversee/work/organize volunteers for the Food Pantry when it is open
- Maintain all deposits and church ledgers, keeping current at all times
- See that food in Food Pantry is rotated and not out of date; maintain all standards and requirements of Food Pantry operation including temperature checks and monthly paperwork
- Prepare weekly bulletins and all necessary items for Sunday service
- Prepare other service bulletins as needed
- Assist pastor in leadership and conference paperwork and records
- Maintain and monitor office supplies and equipment; alert pastor when service or supplies are needed
- Manage and send all church communications: letters, memorials, special services, pastor correspondence
- Maintain confidentiality of all relationships, visitors, conversations, records, finances, and other sensitive matters
- Establish and maintain church calendar
- Other duties as assigned by pastor
- Pastor will evaluate performance at least once a year and provide written feedback to employee and the SPRC
- Confidentiality is of greatest importance in the church office, and employee is not to discuss anything heard, seen, or anyone who visits the church office with anyone other than the pastor or the SPRC chair
- Employee has the right to appeal to the SPRC if unsatisfied with evaluation from the pastor
- Meet the public tactfully and courteously, answer questions politely, and show respect for all who enter or call
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- Does work only for the pastor, and refers any other requests for secretarial work to the pastor for consideration.
- $11 an hour for 20 hours a week for 52 weeks a year = $11440 annually
- paid once a month at the beginning of the month worked at $953.34 gross per month
- continuing education hours to be financed by the church at least once a year at pastor’s discretion
- two weeks paid vacation per year and paid holidays when office is closed
- sick days as needed and at pastor’s discretion, not to exceed 8 a year
If interested, email resume to email@example.com.