Website Highland Valley United Methodist Church
Pay: Based on experience
Benefits: Retirement (403b) and paid time off only
Reports to: Senior Pastor (Consults with Church Treasurer and Board of Trustees, Church Council, and Finance team Chairs.)
Attends: All Charge Conference, Church Council, and Finance Team and weekly staff meetings (Attend Stewardship, Endowment, Board of Trustee, and other laity meetings as needed.)
Summary of Position:
The role of the Business Administrator is to manage the business affairs and facilities of Highland Valley United Methodist Church (HV). This position ensures the financial records of HV are properly maintained and regularly reported, for oversight, to the Church Treasurer, Finance Team, and Church Council; oversees all grant management before, during, and after the granting awards process; maintains all HR records, oversees HV payroll, and administers benefits; oversees building and facility maintenance as well as supervising part-time custodial staff, and other duties as needed all while ensuring the administration of HV’s ministry and mission operations is provided in an effective and efficient manner within the approved ministry funding plan (budget), working with the laity, staff, and clergy to fulfill HV’s mission and vision, honoring its core values.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience with a strong background in financial management and administrative experience, preferably in a church and/or non-profit environment
- Understands basic accounting with a robust knowledge of ministry funding plan (budget) management
- Competent in the use of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Microsoft Office Suite, including experience using word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Proficient and/or able to learn Canva, MailChimp, PowerChurch (church management software), Zoom, and other software as needed
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism
- Possess attention to detail, initiative, and time management abilities
Interested candidates can submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.