Website First United Methodist Church of Morrilton
The secretary is responsible for the administrative operation of the church office, including communications, maintaining church records, and maintaining the church calendar. The secretary will work closely with the pastor and financial secretary and reports to the pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- High level of honesty and personal integrity and ability to keep confidentiality
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Publisher, and email
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple tasks and exercise independent judgment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receive all visitors, mail and phone calls, handle their inquiries, and direct them accordingly
- Handle all church publications such as weekly bulletins, congregational email blasts, monthly newsletters, brochures, and mailings.
- Operate office equipment such as phone system, copier, and computer
- Manage the church calendar in coordination with church staff and lay leadership. Schedule the use of church facilities and vehicles
- Serve as the secretary for church council, trustee, and finance meetings
- Maintain church records including membership, conference and denominational reports
- Work with financial secretary on ACH transfers, deposits, receipts and giving statements
This is a part-time position of about 25 hours a week. Current schedule is Tuesday-Thursday, 8:00-4:00, but schedule is negotiable.
Email your cover letter and resume with references to Pastor Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, Pastor Katie can be reached at (501)354-4077.