Website First United Methodist Church of Siloam Springs
First United Methodist Church of Siloam Springs, AR (FUMCSS) is seeking an accompanist to provide piano music and to accompany the Chancel Choir and Celebration Praise Team at regularly scheduled church functions, including worship services and rehearsals. The weekly hourly commitment is a minimum of five to seven hours per week, to include playing at two Sunday morning worship services, a weekly choir rehearsal, and a weekly praise team practice. Additionally, the accompanist will be available for special services as determined by the church calendar (i.e., Christmas Eve, Holy Week, etc.). Funerals, weddings, or other events are determined by availability and are paid separately.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform music on the piano and keyboard.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the vision and spiritual life of the congregation.
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication, collaboration, and a commitment to teamwork.
- Music Selection and Performance
Provide piano and keyboard accompaniment for the congregation and choir during Sunday morning worship and at choir rehearsal and praise team practice. Musical offerings on Sunday may include hymns, anthems, contemporary praise and worship music, special music, preludes, offertories, postludes, recessionals, responses, communion, and prayer time music. The worship music includes a wide range of styles (i.e., classical, traditional hymns, gospel, contemporary, etc.)
- Accompanies weekly choir rehearsal and praise team practice
- Assist in choir rehearsal including reading SATB choir music, both accompaniment parts and separate vocal parts with minimal preparation time before rehearsals.
- Assist in praise team practice including chord sheet notation and traditional music notation for vocal parts as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Provide piano/keyboard accompaniment for the congregation and choir for special services as discussed with Worship Arts Minister and worship teams.
- Provide music for weddings and funerals as available.
- Compensation is based upon the services the individual has played and is paid twice monthly.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should contact Dan Phillips, Worship Arts Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications and resumes to begin immediately.