COVID-19 ResponseSafe Reopening Guidelines for Ministries with Children
Safe Reopening Guidelines for Ministries with Children
The following guidelines will help guide the conversation and any decisions made as these plans are developed:
- If your church has created a Relaunch Team to guide the church’s path to reopening, it is recommended that children’s programming should be represented by someone on the team.
- Safe Sanctuary policies should be reviewed and volunteers should be reminded of these policies as plans are made for transitioning back to in-person programming as a shortage of volunteers is a possibility as high-risk adults will remain home.
- Children’s programming must follow CDC guidelines for sanitation, safety, size, and social distancing.
- Guidelines and procedures for deep cleaning and regular sanitizing of all space used for children’s ministries should be developed prior to in-person events and programs restarting.
- Establish plans for registering or accounting for children expected to attend in-person events and programs in order to limit the number of children and adults according to space size. Your total number of attendees should include parents, children, and church staff.
- All event participants over the age of 2 are expected wear a face covering at events both indoors and outdoors.
- If food is served, it should be pre-packaged and served by a masked and gloved person.
- Please note that the CDC states that all people, even fully vaccinated ones, should “wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.” All counties in Arkansas are currently considered an “area of high transmission.” (source 1, 2)