Each year at Christmas, Methodist Family Health Foundation donors provide in-kind and financial donations to gift Christmas presents to each child in our care on Christmas Day. Because so many organizations are asking for contributions during the end-of-year holidays, Methodist Family Health Foundation is moving Christmas to July this year.
Christmas in July will launch on June 1 and end on July 31. Any Arkansan, church, civic organization, or family can participate by donating funds to purchase gifts for about 250 Arkansas children in the care of Methodist Family Health on Christmas Day.
“Methodist Family Health was founded as the Arkansas Methodist Orphanage in 1899, and we are continuing that legacy through our nonprofit, statewide, complete continuum of care that incorporates acute inpatient care to outpatient, community-based services,” said Smith. “Our mission is to provide the best possible care to those who need our help, which includes the thousands of Arkansas children and families we serve each year who are abandoned, abused, neglected, and struggling with psychiatric, behavioral, emotional, and spiritual issues.”
Last year, donors provided Christmas gifts for two families in particular need: a blended family of 10 children lost their legal guardian in September 2022. Without in-kind and financial gifts from donors like you, this family would likely have gone without anything for Christmas. Another family was affected by a job loss, and they were struggling just to make ends meet with one income. The father of this family accepted your help for Christmas, and his family was able to enjoy the holiday without making a choice between necessities and Christmas gifts. He was tearful when he learned of the wrapped gifts each of his children received.
To make a financial gift, donors can utilize any of the following ways:
- ONLINE at MethodistFamily.org/Donate and choose Christmas in July in the designation box.
- CALL Christy at 501-906-4201 to make a secure contribution using your debit or credit card
- MAIL cash or check donation to:
- Methodist Family Health Foundation
- 1600 Aldersgate Road, Suite 100
- Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
- Please note Christmas in July on the memo line
- PLACE a check or offering envelope addressed to Methodist Family Health Foundation in the offering plate at your church (please note Christmas in July on your offering)
For more information about Christmas in July or Methodist Family Health Foundation, please visit MethodistFamily.org.