The Arkansas Conference Center for Communication brought home multiple awards in a variety of categories at this year’s United Methodist Association of Communicators meeting, Feb. 21 – 22 in St. Louis, Missouri.
At the 2019 meeting, taking place on the days leading up to the Special Session of General Conference, communicators from across the United States Conferences and Central Conferences were able to hear from communication leaders from United Methodist Communications, General Board of Higher Education and Ministry, and other general agencies within the church.
On Friday night, UMAC hosted a special gala where guests were served a delicious dinner and awards were given out to communicators who had entered the annual competition.
The Arkansas Conference Center for Communication team brought home awards in the following categories:
- 1st Place – Photojournalism, Caleb Hennington for Women Who Lead
- 1st Place – Magazine, Caleb Hennington and Stephen Gideon for the Arkansas United Methodist: Living Our Faith
- 1st Place – Electronic Publication, Caleb Hennington and Stephen Gideon for the Arkansas United Methodist: Living Our Faith
- 2nd Place – Print and Electronic Design, Stephen Gideon for Comm Con ’18
- 3rd Place – Print and Electronic Design, Stephen Gideon for the October cover of the Arkansas United Methodist: Living Our Faith magazine.
- 3rd Place – Website Visual Design, Jacob Turner for the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church website.
The Center for Communication was very surprised and pleased to have won awards this year, and we look forward to submitting our work again at next year’s UMAC conference.