The Path 1 training event for this fall will be focused on creating new congregations of Spanish-speaking and Hispanic United Methodists.
This year’s training session, which follows the Lay Missionary Planting Network Curriculum, will consist of 10 sessions that encourage participants to consider how they are called to help plant new Hispanic United Methodist congregations.
The curriculum will highlight key topics and tools that will assist churches in creating more Spanish-speaking church members, including:
- Basic church planting information, purpose and seasons
- Basic structure and polity of the United Methodist Church
- Theology and spiritual disciplines of prayer, worship, and study in the Wesleyan tradition
- Reading and evangelizing the mission field and creating action plans to reach the community
- Teaching and preaching the Bible
- Pastoral care basics for laity in partnership with clergy
- Shepherding, disciplining and mentoring leaders to build high-functioning teams
- Growing and multiplying ministries to build healthy DNA
- Christian stewardship and connectional giving in the United Methodist system
- Celebrating the calling of participants and planning for the next phase of planting ministry
Training will take place in Spanish (with English translation available) at the Nueva Vida UMC in Dardanelle, Arkansas. The training dates are Sept. 15, 22, and 29; Oct. 27; Nov. 3 and 10; Dec. 1 and 8; and Jan. 5 and 12. The Rev. Jim Benfer and the Rev. Vitalino Mendez will both be leading training sessions.
There is no charge to attend this training.
For more information, contact Rev. Jim Benfer at email@example.com or call the Dardanelle church office at (479) 229-3720.