Greetings in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ!
As I shared in the video message you just viewed, I would like to invite you to participate in the Commission on a Way Forward Town Hall meetings. These meetings will be strategically facilitated to allow participants to provide feedback and ask questions about the conceptual models the Commission on a Way Forward proposed to the Council of Bishops in November.
The Commission on a Way Forward Town Hall meetings have a threefold purpose.
- Provide attendees with an overview of the history, process, three preliminary models, and next steps of The Way Forward. (Click here to read about the three models.)
- Facilitate discussion among attendees about strengths, weaknesses, and questions regarding the three preliminary models.
- Gather feedback to share with The Commission on a Way Forward.
Your participation and input will be extremely beneficial, so I invite you to attend any of the scheduled gatherings at your convenience. I will be hosting the first three listed meetings at FUMC North Little Rock, FUMC Jonesboro and Central UMC Fayetteville. District Superintendents will host the remaining eight meetings. It is important to note that all meetings will be the same.
- Saturday, January 13, 10 am at FUMC North Little Rock
- Sunday, January 14, 2:30 pm at FUMC Jonesboro
- Saturday, January 20, 10 am at Central UMC Fayetteville
District Commission on a Way Forward Town Hall meetings:
- Saturday, January 20, 10 am – Southwest, El Dorado FUMC
- Sunday, January 21, 2:30 pm – Southwest, Arkadelphia FUMC
- Sunday, January 21, 2:30 pm – Northeast, Searcy FUMC
- Sunday, January 21, 2:30 pm – Southeast, Monticello FUMC
- Saturday, January 27, 10 am – Central, Salem Conway
- Sunday, January 28, 3 pm – Northwest, Russellville FUMC
- Sunday, January 28, 2:30 pm – Southeast, Pine Bluff FUMC
- Sunday, February 4, 2:30 pm – Southeast, Forrest City FUMC
This is a very important time in the history of the United Methodist Church. Please pray every day for our church. I look forward to seeing you in January,