Changes come to Cokesbury retail space for AC2017
Display to be organized around key ministry areas
Instead of its traditional wide assortment of books for browsing, Cokesbury, the retail arm of the United Methodist Publishing House, will take a new approach to its display space at this year’s Annual Conference.
“There are still going to be things to purchase—the newest titles, the best-sellers, we’ll have all of those,” said Rachel Nicklas, the Cokesbury resource consultant for Arkansas. “But for programming resources, we’ll be giving folks an opportunity to be hands-on, to see more pieces of the puzzle before placing an order. We hope it will be a nice place for people to sit down with a cup of coffee and learn about possibilities for their ministries.”
The space will feature:
- “Ministry stations” with an array of materials for review, such as curriculum for all ages, youth ministry guides, small group studies and stewardship materials
- New and best-selling titles for immediate purchase
- Books from Bishop Mueller’s recommended reading list
- Free shipping for all orders placed during Annual Conference for products not available on-site
- Trained consultants available to meet with church leaders interested in Bible school curriculum, congregational studies, sanctuary furnishings, church signage, pulpit robes and more.