Conference youth choir seeking stops for summer 2017 tour
The task force for 2017’s Arkansas Conference Council on Youth Ministries (ACCYM) Choir Tour is now accepting requests for host churches for their tour in June 2017. All applicant churches will be considered as the task force seeks to fill the choir’s six tour stops.
If your church is interested in hosting, review the tour details below and contact Be Guinn by Dec. 31, 2016.
Choir Tour 2017 begins Saturday, June 10 and continues through Saturday, June 17. The choir will set up and run a sound check at each church before conducting a 7 p.m. worship service.
In addition to providing meaningful worship through music, another goal is to tour in as many of Arkansas’ five districts as possible. The choir members also will plan for a day of fun before the end of the tour.
The choir’s needs
Please prayerfully consider the following requirements before putting in a request to host the ACCYM Choir.
- Sleeping space for roughly 60 people, most of whom have cots or air mattresses. Typically the choir and crew have twice as many females as males.
- A common space for youth and adults to enjoy fellowship with each other and your church members.
- Dinner the evening of the worship, and breakfast the morning after.
- Showers for everyone, either at the church or private homes. A final headcount will be supplied after our first rehearsal in January 2017. You can be creative in your housing and showering. Some churches find a school, a gym or boys and girls clubs that will allow choir members to shower. Please be aware that transportation will be needed to and from the shower location.
- A worship space that accommodates the choir, the band and their equipment to hold an hour-long worship service.
- Optional laundry capability: Occasionally, host churches are able to wash the choir members’ tour shirts – a blessing to have clean shirts for the next day.
- Optional RV hookup: There is a possibility that our sound team will have their own RV so electric and water hook-ups would be greatly appreciated.
- The opportunity to worship creatively with your church using music and other liturgical performing arts.
To apply to host a tour stop, contact Be Guinn by Dec. 31, 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-944-3294. Email requests are preferred.
The task force will make its final decision by Jan. 28, 2017, and will notify approved churches by Jan. 31, 2017.